Monday, March 13, 2006

Disaster Strikes!

We have finally received word back from the Brazilian Consulate...and its not good. Jessie received her student Visa and is all set to go. My Visa was sent back as "incomplete." The consulate decided that I meant to choose "Student Visa" and checked "Tourist Visa" by mistake. Well, I checked "Tourist Visa" because THAT'S WHAT I WANTED.

Tomorrow, after we get our passports in the mail, Jessie's complete with Visa stamp, we hit the road for Miami. No, not for spring break, but for a face to face request for a Visa. I have two options: 1) Send my Visa application via mail and wait three weeks or 2) Drive to Miami and get it Thursday.

The plan is this:

The passports should arrive by noon tomorrow (Tuesday). After they arrive we hop in the car and head for Miami.

We should arrive in Miami by 3 or 4 am. We can grab a few cups of coffee and be at the consulate by 8 am.

After we submit my application, we will spend the night in Miami and pick up the Visa on Thursday. Then we get to do yet another overnight drive. Yay!

We are planning on rescheduling our flight out to Brazil for Tuesday of next week, March 21st.

<sarcasm> Fun stuff! </sarcasm>

3 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suck. "Overnight drive" and "Miami" is not a combination I would generally want to think about.

 
At 3/15/2006 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

want me to slap someone for y'all?

 
At 3/15/2006 7:00 PM, Blogger Matt said...

That sucks total ass. Are you gonna get raped by the cost of changing your flights?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home