Thursday, March 23, 2006

Oi!

Well, after much effort we have successfully made it to Brazil. We had some initial trouble with our flight out of Atlanta but all was straightened out and we arrived on Tuesday as planned.

My first impression is simple...HOT! We ended up flying out of Chicaco/O´Hare where it was 30 degrees. We landed in Rio where it was 88! As a side note, our pilot from Sau Paulo to Rio said there was a "blizzard" in Nashville the night we left. (I am not sure how reliable the information is, but if you guys did then have fun with that! lol!)

It is so different here, yet some is the same. For example, I can get Coca-Cola and Pepsi at the grocery store, thank God! The biggest difference is that NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH!!! I was expecting at least broken english, but no, none.

Jess can communicate OK. I, on the other hand, can´t say a word to anyone. I think they all think I´m a mute. Which in actuality is good because they dont speak to me much.

We do not currently have internet access at our apartment so we are using a nearby cybercafe. It is cheap but I cannot do everything that I want. I cannot upload pictures or talk on skype or instant messenger. Once we get our own internet connection we will have more options.

All in all, its great down here. It´s alot like living in a movie actually. I just hope it´s not a movie with robots...I hate robots!

PS: I tried to spell check this but it almost made my computer explode. It is using a Portuguese dictionary and i don´t think I can change it to English.

3 Comments:

At 3/24/2006 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...yeah, no blizzard. Not even a snowflake. Possibly some tonight, which, of course, means no snow. Aforementioned pilot...high on crack.

 
At 3/24/2006 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, glad you are safe and were not on a bus in Chili (one crashed and killed a bunch of american tourists.

Be SAFE!!!

G-man

 
At 3/25/2006 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stefan and Jessie--
Have been keeping up with the blog and loving it. Just think: in 6 months you'll be speaking Portuguese!
Best, Jamie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home